Andy Frank is a shareholder at Kerkman Wagner & Dunn, with many years of litigation and trial experience. Prior to joining the firm, Andy gained substantial litigation experience defending national and international manufacturers, automobile companies and other companies from products liability claims. At Kerkman Wagner & Dunn, he has prosecuted and defended large-scale construction defect cases, and defended trucking and bus companies for accidents throughout Wisconsin. Andy also has substantial experience in securities litigation and general commercial litigation. He has trial and appellate experience in state and federal courts nationwide, and has never lost a trial as lead counsel. Andy also participates in a number of pro bono matters, including advising and representing low income residents in landlord-tenant matters.
Andy’s trial experience includes:
- Obtaining a defense verdict on behalf of a local company in a two week, multi-party jury trial in a wrongful death mesothelioma case – and which resulted in a $1.1 million verdict against the other defendants.
- Reached a $1.5 million settlement on behalf a gasoline wholesaler, following a successful trial and a directed verdict on the defendant’s counterclaim.
- Prevailing in multiple bench trials, in areas as diverse as commercial leases, property rights and commercial foreclosures.
Andy’s general experience in litigation includes:
- Successfully prosecuting construction defect cases involving large condominium developments and parking structures.
- Defending various carriers in heavy-duty truck and bus accidents throughout the State of Wisconsin.
- Representing investors in multiple FINRA arbitrations against brokers violating securities laws and recommending unsuitable investments.
- Defending broker-dealers in FINRA arbitrations involving allegations of securities fraud.
- Mediating numerous plaintiff and defense cases in all areas of commercial litigation.
Andy’s pro bono experience includes:
- Winning asylum for an African refugee who was persecuted and tortured by the Eritrean government for his political beliefs. Following extensive petitioning and a hearing before the Immigration Court in Cook County, Andy obtained asylum for his client that allowed him to reunite with his brother in Minnesota.
- Successfully recovering security deposits and damages for numerous low-income clients in landlord-tenant cases.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2002)
- Dean’s List 2001-2002
- Miami (of Ohio) University (B.S., 1998)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2004
Professional and Civic Activities
- Co-chair of Lawyer Referral and Information Service for the Milwaukee Bar.
- Volunteer attorney at Landlord-Tenant Clinic through Legal Action of Milwaukee.
- Milwaukee Bar Association, member.
- American Bar Association, member.
- DRI – Trucking Law, Member
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association